Wednesday, December 3, 2008

GRA Wrap Up

Throughout this semester, I would have to say that Graphics was probably one of my favorite classes. Although I was somewhat familiar with the softwares, it was incredibly beneficial to learn how to use them in a classroom setting. Moreover, I know the experience will help me as a I apply for internships and jobs in the future. 

One of my favorite projects was the Logo Project because I felt as though I had to challenge myself to make something that was both professional and reflective of my personality. In the end, I developed a great design and picked a color pallet that I thought fulfilled not only the requirements for the class, but expectations I had for myself. I definitely want to send my design to a publisher where I can have them professionally printed. Never before had I thought about having a business card at such a young age; yet, as I moved through this project, I realized it is actually a great idea! Additionally, the stationary and envelope designs really helped me form a cohesive thought with this project. Therefore, I will probably have these professionally printed as well. I will most likely use these for internship applications and interviews as I continue throughout school. 
In addition to the logo project, I found the resume project to be incredibly beneficial, as I have used this resume to apply for various internships since. 

I would recommend this class to anyone who was required to take it as well as students who were permitted to take it as an elective. Even though the projects were undeniably time consuming, I think once I finished any given project, I felt a great satisfaction. I look forward to expanding my knowledge of these programs in the future, whether be taking another GRA class or exploring on my own. 

No comments: