Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wrap Up GRA 217

I really enjoyed this course because it was so new to me. Before this class I really hadn't done specific projects that are useful for right now and in the future. My resume had been done in such a plain way and this class taught me to focus more on the smaller details because they make such a difference against stacks of other resumes. The logo was so much fun to design and put to use on letterheads and business cards. My favorite, yet most challenging, project was the magazine especially because I am a magazine major. Before this class, I had never realized that magazine majors dealt so closely with the design and graphics of a magazine. I only have experience with writing for magazines so this opened up a huge door for me to explore and learn about making a magazine from start to finish. The website was fun to design as I pictured what an easy website looked like, simple and organized. I entered this class with no experience of the programs that we use, and now I am very familiar with many of them. I can truly say that InDesign is a program that really has endless options and I learn more everyday with it. I learned a lot from this course and for one thing, I will never look at color and typefaces in the same way. 

No comments: