Wednesday, December 3, 2008

GRA Wrap Up

Overall, I thought graphics was really useful and informative. I was not very familiar with Adobe Suites until the class and now I feel really comfortable using all of the programs. I also thought that the skills we learned outside of the class were really useful to- like design principles and learning to create drafts- those are skills that we are going to utilize in most fields of communications. I thought it was nice to learn the programs with a purpose of having a project to accomplish, rather than just using them.

My favorite project was the magazine project. I liked the idea of taking an article that we were interested in and making an effective design around it. I thought it was just a really intricate project that utilized a lot of the skills that we learned throughout the semester. All of the projects were really useful, I felt. We did something that was tailored to every major taking the class- for example, magazine majors are going to be putting together magazines, and PR majors are going to be making posters. 

This was just a really good class to take and I would recommend it to anyone in Newhouse, even if it is not a requirement for them. I learned so many skills that are going to be useful in the future. The only complaints I have are that it is extremely time consuming as far as the projects go, and also that we did not learn a lot in the lab until Professor Taylor had a talk with the TAs mid-semester. Other than that, the class is really enjoyable.

No comments: