Sunday, November 16, 2008

Magazine

Back cover: 

Second Spread: 



First Spread: 



My Cover: 



My magazine wouldn't save as spreads, so I just have the individual pages, but I think you can tell which page goes with which. I did my main layout on a festival that I went to this summer in Tennessee called Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. Basically, my deign motif was just that I wanted to bring the fun and free atmosphere at the festival to my design and make the reader feel like they are really there. My first layout tiles the pictures and bleeds them across the page to my headline "UnRooLy"- a play on the name of the festival, accompanied by the definition of the term bonnaroo. My second spread uses the colors from the festival logo and the font (Bauhaus) in it too. I used the same grid design at the bottom of my second spread. My sidebar is a Bonnaroo survival guide that I wrote- things I wish I would have known before going. My back cover is an Absolut ad because there are a ridiculous number of Absolut ads in Rolling Stone. Overall, I'm happy with my design because I think it's very eye catching since it's colorful and fun. 

1 comment:

ranjana said...

wow this is weird. i did a bonnaroo spread too! i really like your "un-roo-ly" headline that was really clever. good job