Monday, November 24, 2008

Week 14 - Web Design Project


















So this is my website. I used the same organization and event as I did for my poster. I predominantly used red, because it attracts the eye, and because my event is about Christmas. I chose to make my sidebar, containing my links, using the image of a tea cup, steam, and the tea bag string and tag. The steam brings the eye up the page to my headline, which is red. The Mrs. Clause on the right helps to balance out the web page. In each link, she is holding a different object, that corresponds to the link. To the far left and right, I made a "background" of tea cups and snowflakes. Similar to print images, I used gestalt principles and grids. However, it was harder to make the text interesting/appealing to the eye, considering that the fonts used online are limited.



1 comment:

Brittany Campbell said...

I love the connection of the toolbar to your photo of the cup of tea!