Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The event is "Battle for the band--4th annual fundraiser concert for the Red Cross," held by Red Cross Onondaga Chapter.

Red Cross made me think of the color red, and the concept of relief, so I drew a band-aid and made it the shape of a cross. 

While thinking how to incorporate the idea "rock" into the poster, I thought of some rock icons, such as funky wings, and very gothic looking things. So I traced a wing, and duplicated it, put them right next to the band-aid, making the cross an angel looking.

Of course, angels need halos. So here it is: the rock CD.

I used Emmascript as the typeface, to make it coherent, and consistent. Also, Emma made the hard-looking visual seem to soften a little bit, giving the sense of friendliness to the poster.

/Kuan's Poster

No comments: