Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Week 6 Logo


This week I chose the famous apple logo. There are several reasons why this logo has been as effective as it has. First, I think the simplicity of the icon is key. The image of the simple apple obviously relates to the company. There are no distractions that would lead me to think otherwise. Also, the logo is very distinct and recognizable. Most people would be able to connect this logo to the apple company. The visibility with this logo can be seen as bad or good. I consider it good because it stands out against white space and is clearly an apple. Others may see its visibility as bad because of the color. The silver tint can be hard to spot from far away. However, apple has already corrected this problem by displaying the logo in various colors. To me, this logo is definitely timeless. It has been around for a long time and will continue to be for the duration of the company's existence. 

No comments: